An Introduction to Work Objects via the DoubleDutch Blog
1) Human interactions and engagement revolve around Social Objects
2) Social Objects also exist in the workplace (“Work Objects”), such as customers, projects, and products
3) The current dominant collaboration app in the enterprise, Email, does a poor job of organizing content and engagement around work objects.
4) Structure on the input side allows for superior data organization and analytics
5) This disconnect between email and work objects is a problem (for companies), and an opportunity (for vendors).
Let's repeat this mantra again: Its not about killing email, but remembering that email is a poor tool for dealing with work objects.